Do you guys listen to Chinese Music?
Speak of the devil, the theme of the movie "Police Story" by Jacky Chan.

From Beyond, two different language versions of 長城, "The Wall."

Japanese

Cantonese

R.I.P. Wong Ka Kui, read about him in this Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Ka_Kui

光輝歲月, i.e. The Glorious Years

(Oct 17, 2020, 18:02 pm)ill88eagle Wrote: Jackie Chan owns the biggestest karaoke bar In Singapore. His face is painted all over the outside walls. It spans three blocks. But once you get inside all the girls are either Malay, Thai or Indonesian Sad

Par for the course in Singapore
I know I haven't done this for a while, but here goes:

林子祥 (George Lam)
男兒當自強 (roughly translated "A Man's Inner Strength")

Michael Kwan:

With An An Yu - Ren Zai Lu Tu Sa Lei Shi (Li De Dian Shi Ju " Ren Zai Jiang Hu " Cha Qu)

情愛幾多哀 (無綫電視劇《天龍八部》之《虛竹傳奇》插曲)

Bian Se Long (Dian Shi Ju " Bian Se Long " Zhu Ti Qu)

Another timeless classic from Beyond: I Really Love You.

This is a belated mother's day gift for all mothers everywhere.

Chinese Ancient Music:

Note:

The person who shared this collection on YouTube provided no tracklists or any additional information.

Vol. 1 - Picture Of Primitive Hunting

Vol. 2 - High Mountains And Flowing Water

Vol. 3 - Dance Music Of Imperial Palace

Vol. 4 - Shadows Of Apricot Bloossoms

Vol. 5 - Autumn Meditation At Dongting Lake

Vol. 6 - Wild Goose On The Peaceful Beach

Vol. 7 - Wang Zhaojun

Vol. 8 - Remembering Of The Xiao On The Phoenix Platform

Thanks!
(Jul 17, 2020, 22:28 pm)RobertX Wrote: It can be anything, folk songs, opera, Mandarin pop, Cantonese pop, music from other dialects like Min, Wu, or Hakka, anything!

Growing up, even in Canada, I've been listening to a lot of Chinese music, I guess a tribute to the multicultural environment provided by a Canadian society, I even listen to that than American pop culture music like gangsta rap and death metal.

I know Chinese people don't make their presence known in SuprBay, but if you need my help in finding a song in Cantonese or Mandarin, I believe I can prove resourceful in these matters.

Let's talk, collaborate, and help each other.

Mongolian. I was at the restaurant in Jewett, Ohio, population 555, about 20 white country folks in a pool tournament, somebody played Wolf Totem by The Hu, I was on my phone looking it up, now trying to find. That's something I want to take to the gym!
I wish I can go to Mongolia once, but not at this point in time with the political situation presently happening.

Maybe back in time. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music genre do you enjoy the most? lustrous 9 2,294 Mar 22, 2024, 13:41 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Songs you like to listen while driving heroskeep 6 475 Mar 14, 2024, 13:05 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  Need some advice for uploading music :) lustrous 3 1,022 Feb 27, 2024, 18:12 pm
  Do you still buy music CDs? Xern0n 196 381,766 Feb 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
  Fuck The Music Industry lustrous 4 1,041 Feb 14, 2024, 15:34 pm