Poll: Do you believe in a religion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I do
40.00%
8 40.00%
No, I don't
45.00%
9 45.00%
Don't know/Don't care
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you believe in a religion?
(Sep 17, 2015, 12:23 pm)bob5695 Wrote: you're taking your metaphors too literally.
good and evil exist, but their source is one and the same: people.
take people out of the equation and both good and evil cease to exist.

what is your thought about the good of people? i see it as, every person is capable of murder, nobody is 100% "good". maybe when we were children yes, but when we grow up, we see ourselves nothing but civilized animals.

from the most evil I've seen in a person, I've never seen its equivalent in a opposite form. the good deeds of every human being are always overshadowed by their damned actions. whats the use of saying that a person is both good and evil when they can only achieve 100% of just one?
it comes with intelligence.

humans are the only species (at least on this planet) intelligent enough to know good and evil.
and once they know it, it's inside them. there's no 'unknowing' it.
and that's okay. if humans didn't know good and evil, they wouldn't have created religion.
if humans were the only species intelligent enough to know good and evil, why bother creating religion, that intelligence should be enough to become god right?
of course not. are you insane? you'd have to know a lot more than that. you'd have to know everything.
(Sep 17, 2015, 13:49 pm)bob5695 Wrote: are you insane?

just a bit, wouldn't hurt to try tho
(Sep 17, 2015, 13:50 pm)Joker__TPB Wrote:
(Sep 17, 2015, 13:49 pm)bob5695 Wrote: are you insane?

just a bit, wouldn't hurt to try tho insane? nope, just baked...

Smile
With so many religions all expecting me to believe in their god "on faith", I can't follow any because in my daily life I've never experienced any reason to believe in them. I wont try and argue against religion, because arguing with religious people is a lot like arguing with a crazy person. I am also not one to judge what someone else's life has led them to believe. Though I hope each and every person has the intellect to make their own religious choices rather than simply following how they were raised or submitting to their societies expectations. For a lot of people religion can help them get through life, but it has been and still is used as a weapon to control people. A stupid evangelist scares me.
(Sep 17, 2015, 18:46 pm)Howler Wrote: With so many religions all expecting me to believe in their god "on faith", I can't follow any because in my daily life I've never experienced any reason to believe in them. I wont try and argue against religion, because arguing with religious people is a lot like arguing with a crazy person. I am also not one to judge what someone else's life has led them to believe. Though I hope each and every person has the intellect to make their own religious choices rather than simply following how they were raised or submitting to their societies expectations. For a lot of people religion can help them get through life, but it has been and still is used as a weapon to control people. A stupid evangelist scares me.

Agreed, I despise the parents who shove religion down their children's throat. Religion should not be forced upon anybody, rather, it should be a choice of free will.

Countless of lives have been lost due to the abuse of religion. Mass genocides, justified killings, holy wars, sacrifice, jihad, polygamy, sexual abuse and so much other more nonsense have all been created in the name of religion. That's why I just simply believe there is a higher power, and not fall victim to major religious denominations.
I am a Christian, I believe in Jesus Christ, and his redemptive blood. I trust him to deliver me to heaven when I die.

However, just because I'm sharing content with other people, does not mean I'm breaking any commandment, or sinning for that matter.

Piracy is a matter of morals really, and I believe it's sharing, not stealing.
Don't believe in god or religion. I did for many years but life is so cruel and hurtful it's impossible for me to believe in any of it anymore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe in fixed games? destructor 2 11,390 Sep 28, 2021, 09:57 am
Last Post: destructor
  You do not die or get addicted to ANY drug if you do not abuse it. vonRicht 97 148,843 Feb 23, 2021, 16:47 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Life After Death - What You Believe In? Kotter 8 22,731 Feb 05, 2019, 13:55 pm
Last Post: politux
  How do you feel when you SEED or UPLOAD a torrent? paooleole 10 25,957 Jan 17, 2018, 17:03 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  What could you do if you went self Employed WW3hasstarted 10 24,588 Dec 29, 2017, 13:43 pm
Last Post: politux