Do DVD players have a limit on how many times you can set the region?
Curious remark, Moe, about resetting.

Where can i read about it?
Search for firmware for your specific drive model to either make it region free, or to reset the count.

You'll have to dig around a bit because most just advise using software that ignores the region flag on the disc.
Yeah, that's what I would recommend too.

Well, the topic at hand was whether most TV DVD players have a limited number of region changes, not computer DVD drives. Sorry to sound like I am treating you guys with disrespect, but you know...

I just found my answer and will be changing my DVD region to 3 after ordering a South Korean movie.
wow... now this @RobertX is learning korean (sorry for out of topic i write)

yea, i guess most of DVD Player manipulation only use software injected into some kind like ROM.

but may be some advance technique is applied to soldering and replacing some IC or something???
Now let's not get too carried away, theSEMAR. I was merely doubting, but I didn't say I'm already going to plan to do that right away.

If the player doesn't warn me, then I'm not going to assume that there will be an issue and waste years of sleep contemplating it.

Thank you for your input, but I think I'm going to get on with life. No one said anything about limits so far, not even in the most paranoid posts that I've seen so far, so I'm not going to assume anything like that, so fuck it.
Back when I still owned a DVD player I set it to region free. You should be able to find a code online for your specific model.
MakeMKV can bypass some regional restricting. I've seen it spam the message"region-lock. looking for another solution" 5-20 lines before ripping. But so far I've never seen it fail to rip.
(Nov 12, 2020, 06:26 am)Fant0men Wrote: Back when I still owned a DVD player I set it to region free. You should be able to find a code online for your specific model.

Thank you Fant0men, but I've done that already, and it paid off.

It's just that the Region Free setting does not work with my Star Trek DVDs. They would just show a blue screen (not BSOD) saying "DVD player does not work with marking of this disc." Other movies that don't work are Snatch, Fight Club, and Scarface.

I would have to change the region code manually to avoid incompatibility.

Thank you for your suggestion however.
That's weird. What make and model is your current player?
It's a no-named brand that are sold in local Walmart franchises: Sylvania.

I know, you probably hasn't heard of it. They said their head offices are around Canada, most notably Quebec.

The model number is SDVD6655-B. I used the code I read up on in Videohelp (www.videohelp.com) and it worked. However, "Region 0" is not too compatible, so, as I said I had to change the region by remote-hacking the player each time another different region is demanded by the player.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lustrous - makeup set lustrous 2 1,130 Feb 06, 2024, 11:39 am
Last Post: lustrous
  Wanting to Share My DVD Rips RobertX 2 6,503 Jan 28, 2024, 11:42 am
Last Post: lustrous
  Dan Hicks song "How Can I Miss You..." medina_w 0 1,850 Dec 19, 2023, 13:25 pm
Last Post: medina_w
  Do you have a discord server? Ladyanne3 7 5,183 Jul 28, 2023, 23:59 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Anyone have any experience installing a xenforo forum? Ladyanne3 1 4,639 Jun 30, 2023, 03:50 am
Last Post: snx