"Disk Busy" Help !
Ok.
So deluge downloaded the file without any error, however it was slightly slower than bitcomet.

I have tried bitcomet again, and the error persists, so i will have to use deluge in future and sacrifice a bit of d/l speed for a reliable download.

One last test, gonna see if BitComet works with a different torrent. If not, i will have to delete it.

Just downloaded a different torrent via bitcomet, and it worked fine. Must've been that specific torrent that it didn't like ?
Weird, whatever works man.
If you liked BitComet and want speed, qBitTorrent is a favorite here. Just don't start the client before being sure all external drives are up and running;
in case the client can't see the torrents in external storage, it will flag them for re-check and next time you connect them, it will begin.

Other clients can be set to ignore that, dunno about Deluge. I've a Terabyte in external files and it is a 3-day-long pain to check them all for errors...

What torrent were you downloading, if you don't mind disclosing?
Greetings...

3.00GB of RAM
130GB HDD with 67GB Free

Well, there's your problem right there!

Win10 with less than 4GB of RAM,
and an almost full HDD

Get more RAM, and a REAL HDD.
Actually, get a real computer and donate that anemic webbook to the kids...

If that's not possible, use Win7 instead, and go get a $50 4TB USB HDD.

I'm not saying that to offend, I did a lot of research before deciding on a new laptop last year.

I ended up getting one of those new fangled 16BG SSD C:/ drives, (AKA never store anything on it except the actual system!)
1 TB HDD D:/ (where everything gets installed, and I do my downloading to)

2 X 4TB HDD + 1 X 8TB HDD all on USB (where I collect all my movies and TV shows.)

Moving just 2 TB of full HDD to a bigger one, to make some space - takes ALL day! LITERALLY!
(Apr 19, 2018, 13:09 pm)Kandaje Wrote: Greetings...

3.00GB of RAM
130GB HDD with 67GB Free

Well, there's your problem right there!

Win10 with less than 4GB of RAM,
and an almost full HDD

Get more RAM, and a REAL HDD.  
Actually, get a real computer and donate that anemic webbook to the kids...

If that's not possible, use Win7 instead, and go get a $50 4TB USB HDD.

I'm not saying that to offend, I did a lot of research before deciding on a new laptop last year.

I ended up getting one of those new fangled 16BG SSD C:/ drives, (AKA never store anything on it except the actual system!)
1 TB HDD D:/ (where everything gets installed, and I do my downloading to)

2 X 4TB HDD + 1 X 8TB HDD all on USB (where I collect all my movies and TV shows.)

Moving just 2 TB of full HDD to a bigger one, to make some space - takes ALL day!  LITERALLY!

Thanks for the info, i know my PC is not up-to-date but it runs fine for what i use it for.
That " Disk Busy " has only ever come up on one torrent in the past year.
Lol don't need a new PC just for torrents, but I agree Windows 10 is too much. Even 7 feels a little tight on 3GB.
If you can get a usb stick (flash drive), Windows 7 and later may use it as cache to speed up.
A flash drive big enough can be used as temporary folder for downloading torrents; and your client should be able to move it to HDD when finished.
I occasionally get " Disk Busy " when d/l stuff, is very rare but happens sometimes.
I heard it could be from bad sectors on my HDD, how do i fix this ? Would a defrag or malware scan help ?

Using Windows 10, thanks.
I suddenly started getting constant "disk overloaded" messages in utorrent. Then I realised my ISP significantly increased my upload and download speeds.
Simply reducing the download limits in utorrent fixed all the disk overloaded problems as the old hard drive could not keep up at full, uncapped speed.

As for bad sectors, the application HDD Regenerator - uploaded by a mod - worked wonders (but not miracles) on my old and tired hard drive.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5624885...r_1.71_Pro
(May 02, 2018, 15:53 pm)NrKNrK Wrote: .
I suddenly started getting constant "disk overloaded" messages in utorrent. Then I realised my ISP significantly increased my upload and download speeds.
Simply reducing the download limits in utorrent fixed all the disk overloaded problems as the old hard drive could not keep up at full, uncapped speed.

As for bad sectors, the application HDD Regenerator - uploaded by a mod - worked wonders (but not miracles) on my old and tired hard drive.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5624885...r_1.71_Pro

This would explain it, thanks !
I download @ around 7.5megabyte per second, my PC is from like 2007.

However it only does it with some torrents.
(May 02, 2018, 15:56 pm)venomx Wrote: However it only does it with some torrents.

Don't expect it to be an exact science; sometimes the operating system, the torrent client, your connection, and a torrent meta-file can all conspire against the download; also, some torrents are well uploaded (seeded) and others not, this may lead to overload (too many seeders, or too high speed) or the opposite.

As you test other clients / other torrents, looks like a minor bug in BitComet, or just the way it deals with some circumstance during data traffic, leads to that error.
Was it a memory/disk hardware fault, it should (probably) happens with the other software/torrents you test too.