DAZ Studio to 3ds max
(Oct 12, 2016, 06:06 am)rickiricardo Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2016, 22:01 pm)archast Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2016, 10:34 am)Kooroe Wrote: I got a question for the OP. why render in v-ray? In comparison videos I have watch Iray does a better job and quicker then v-ray in most renders.

In my tests Iray does not compete with V-ray in terms of time used, I had a scene rendered in Daz that took almost 20 hours, had the same scene up and running in 3ds max and that time got to around 5 hours, that's mainly for the tipe of the render, iray is unbiased, it scatter light everywhere to make it look real, it is far from effective, while vray is biased, it will create the light ray and follow its bounces on the scene, thus making it lighter in terms of processing.

But I just got this one scene working, and the materials got all messed up, I had to create every single material from scratch on 3ds max, so I guess this is not optimal, I'm open to suggestions to a better workflow and to other tests that could defy my own.

Yes i can confirm - vray is much faster than iray (for me at least). I don't have an nvidia card, i have a radeon video card so iray in daz studio is really slow. On the other hand, vray for 3dsmax is cpu optimized and i have an i7 quad core which heavily cuts down render times. And most importantly for me, i have my scenes all set up in max with vray materials and it would be a pain in the ass to convert everything to iray.

Regarding UVMapper, i'll give it a try right now - it's this one, right? http://www.uvmapper.com/

Did you follow any tutorial or just set the materials as best as you could? I'm still trying to find some way to automatize the process, it's just too much work to make something work, only if there was an script to export better from Daz...
I finally managed to export everything ok from daz to max as fbx - all the materials are there, all imported ok, but all of them seem to have an extreme glossiness, all the materials (skin, clothes, hair) seem to have a car paint like appearance. Any idea how to fix this?
(Oct 13, 2016, 03:38 am)rickiricardo Wrote: I finally managed to export everything ok from daz to max as fbx - all the materials are there, all imported ok, but all of them seem to have an extreme glossiness, all the materials (skin, clothes, hair) seem to have a car paint like appearance. Any idea how to fix this?

That's the main problem, I redid the materials from scratch, using the maps provided by daz, but it's too much work...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lokking for DAZ Animators SoldierBoy 1 8,428 Jan 25, 2023, 08:17 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Over 8TB of Daz data absente 7 40,719 Sep 12, 2020, 07:29 am
Last Post: CCCC
  Daz 3D/Poser Welcome & Intro Thread beaglebandit 110 274,054 Jul 28, 2020, 17:37 pm
Last Post: micasa001
  Daz Cart Trouble. kavana 0 24,799 Jan 02, 2019, 19:23 pm
Last Post: kavana
  How do you use items like this in DAZ? vanteal 2 24,220 Aug 24, 2018, 19:16 pm
Last Post: vanteal