DAZ 3D Torrent Resurrection Project
(Jul 26, 2016, 06:53 am)Sid Wrote:
(Jul 26, 2016, 06:17 am)soeperman Wrote: the problem i have is that i dont get any mail or convermations of tpb.
No, the problem you have is that you didn't read Spud's reply to your last post. Create a thread in the Account Issues section and we will help you with confirmations.

Same goes for everyone. Your account is your business: we won't discuss it in public. i.e. we won't discuss it in this thread.

Easy there... Big Grin  i was just saying that i was waiting for something.. its slow here in my country with mails and stuff.
(Jul 25, 2016, 17:23 pm)toqgerwagon Wrote: I can upload some stuff but I don't have a seedbox to keep them going.

You don't need a seedbox.  Just run your torrent(s) when you can and after you upload your copy it is up to the swarm to keep them going.
That ^

The opinion that uploaders are responsible for seeding (or being available to reseed) torrents on a permanent basis, and that if they aren't able to do that they should delete their torrents, was promoted heavily on KAT. But it is only an opinion, and it is only a prevailing opinion on KAT.

It is not the prevailing opinion on TPB, and in my opinion it is actually harmful. You are a classic example of the harm it does--you have stuff that you think is worth sharing but you aren't sharing it because you don't think (because of your circumstances) that you are worthy. You have lost out, and the community has lost out.

The community has responsibilities, including the support of torrents they download. It is not the uploaders' responsibility to support the entire world--that is crushing.

Even if you can do it for one torrent by time you've uploaded 10 or 100 or some other relatively low number you have saddled yourself with an insurmountable burden. You either stop uploading new torrents (a loss to the community), or you delete your old torrents (which may well still be perfectly viable; a loss to the community) or you pay for a seedbox (sharing is a great thing to do, but it's not a "privilege" that you should be expected let alone required to pay for).

Initial seed your torrent--it will take approximately 120% before seeds are spawned. Then stop seeding immediately and let the community take over. Leave the torrent in your client and check back on it every week or so, re-seeding for a bit longer IF AND ONLY IF all seeds have vanished. But only seed until another seed appears and then stop again.

If the community is supporting the torrent there is no need for you to support it. Use your resources to upload further torrents, or just relax and rest up.

If the community isn't supporting the torrent, you can sustain it for far longer seeding piecemeal than you can seeding continually. And at the end of the day if the community doesn't care about the torrent, let it die--it's obviously of little value.

I understand the above is heresy in your church but once you've finished spluttering in your coffee give it some thought. Sustainability and expecting others to pull their fair share of the weight is not as evil a concept as you've been taught to think it is.
Well I have a lot of content and will be making torrents very soon. I don't always have internet but will seed till established.
I can seed/ re-seed and am awaiting the commencement of DAZ Forum 2.0. I too have been watching Demonoid and KAT to see where we land. Does any one have anything new to upload somewhere to get the ball rolling.
fyi, I've uploaded a few of the old KAT torrents, and created a thread where you can announce uploads, here: http://suprbayoubiexnmp.onion/Thread-DAZ...#pid148765

[You don't have to announce there, you can create your own threads if you want.]

I've also created a DAZ3D "thread prefix" which you can use when creating new threads for requests, releases or discussions, to make them stand out.

fyi. Other "exkat" communities (if you find any others let me know and I'll add links to them here):
(Jul 25, 2016, 16:42 pm)wolfenspiel Wrote: ... We still need our Beagly buddy, ....

Well, if someone had mentioned activity going on here...I'm only like one of the most visible members of the 3d community Big Grin

For the most part, we've been at the new KAT forums as a gathering place...a basic place to plan from. 
I've put a few torrents up at Demonoid to test it's waters...was refinding my account at TPB to try there (been 6.5 years since I posted a torrent there!!!).

I appreciate the efforts of the admins to welcome us here.  It's been a long time since TPB has been the place for 3D torrents...I'm seeing my Poser stuff being 8-9 years old...Demonoid became the place for a while, til it's year+ shutdown, then we settled at KAT...and now we're roaming looking for a home again.

I'll set up a torrent or two tomorrow, see how the system here feels. Cool

EDIT: ok..i've gone thru the thread. Seriously? giving grief to the staff here? WTF? When you're stuck on a desert island and you get rescued by a passing ship, don't complain when they only have tap water!
*follows beagle into the light*

It burns us precious it burns!!!!

On a more serious note good to see we all aren't floating around like wisps on the wind.   A few of us as Beagle said are over at the KAT forums trying to find the next direction to go.  A pleasure to see you all.  *recedes into the darkness again*
Hey guys, finally got around to this place. Too many new accounts in the last week...

So, I saw Sid's procedure to resurrect torrents. If you have the magnet link, you have the hash. With the hash you can easily recover the original torrent. Torcache.net is gone, but there is an identical site called iTorrents.org that does exactly the same thing. (I think it's either a mirror/copy or they renamed the site to dissociate themselves from KAT). I get a warning when going there, but I always did with torcache.net, too. Just follow the example URL, substituting the hash. Save or open, and that's it.

You can find the hash if you know the torrent name or a keyword by searching dht indexing sites like btdigg.org (currently offline), magnetdl.com (gives original uploader ID and INFO, no pics), bteye.org, among others. Torrentz.eu has at least two years' worth of pretty much every DAZ3D and Poser torrent uploaded, and they have nothing but hashes, and probably the fastest way to find a lot at once. Of course, there's always Google.

I had almost 1000 torrents, and I do not want to resurrect a fraction of that (a lot were not seeded). Maybe the last couple dozen for those who didn't visit on a regular basis, but I prefer to move forward with new stuff. I have more than I can count...
I've some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news: we're done here. /thread closed

Good news: we've decided to take a punt at a community forum instead. Hence http://suprbayoubiexnmp.onion/Forum-DAZ3D

Do me proud, Dazies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Veritas goes after the vaccine Ladyanne3 23 32,749 Sep 28, 2021, 14:37 pm
Last Post: LadyAnn
  University project:virtual ethnography: Digital pirates researchUNI 7 17,990 Nov 30, 2015, 23:41 pm
Last Post: ShadyJay
  BitTorrent releases beta of its peer-to-peer browser Project Maelstrom! The_Abee 0 9,901 Apr 13, 2015, 06:50 am
Last Post: The_Abee
  UK Welfare Project Boss Says He Didn't Use Open Source Because It 'Wasn't ... Mike 0 10,226 Dec 16, 2013, 13:00 pm
Last Post: Mike