Crypto Mining
(Nov 23, 2018, 02:21 am)CelrocAmaul Wrote: According to this post, it looks like TPB does some crypto mining while we browse torrents.  I kind of have the opposite question everyone else has-- how can I be sure that I am mining while browsing?  Is there a specific process I should look for in Task Manager on Windows?  

Thanks!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put it.)

As most of the folks here would be using ad\script blockers, few would have ever seen the miner.

To disable firefox addons such as blockers,
https://www.wikihow.com/Start-Firefox-in-Safe-Mode

Another way is to use noscript and process hacker, temporarily enabling each script until you find the one that jumps up cpu usage by 5 or more percent on a steady basis. Make a note of its url and permanently enable it. I have had less luck enabling scripts with ublock origin. YMMV
Hey there all, it seems like the site has actually stopped mining crypto in the background.  Are there any plans to bring that back soon? :-)

Celroc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is using crypto so hard for people? Ladyanne3 3 485 Mar 13, 2024, 13:25 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  What's a reputable crypto wallet based in the United States Ladyanne3 0 8,474 Mar 31, 2022, 12:10 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Anyone know of any good crypto and VPN affiliate programs? Ladyanne3 3 10,875 Mar 27, 2022, 08:55 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Questions about ads and mining scorpionma 4 40,716 Feb 17, 2018, 10:03 am
Last Post: joew771