Contacting a commenter
This is probably a silly topic but I cannot find a solution to the issue.

I often see comments that directly or indirectly ask a question. I like to respond if I've something useful to add, which I do in the comment beneath. But the trouble is that often downloaders will make a comment and then lose track of where they posted it.

As an example, I recently saw a comment relating to tiny subtitles, and posted a reply. But neither of the two downloaders who made reference to the subtitle size appear to have revisited that page and so probably remain ignorant of a way to fix the problem.

I tried to message them privately but then remembered that the forum and torrent sites are disparate. These tpb members have no forum account under their tpb name.

So I now have two questions -
  1. Why doesn't the torrent site automatically register the downloader into the forum? It would make messaging people a whole lot simpler, wouldn't it?
  2. Is there a way to contact downloaders who have left comments?

Thanks for your time.
1. No, it wouldn't. Just because someone is auto-registered somewhere wouldn't mean they would ever even visit there. Just as just because people post comments doesn't mean they will ever check for (or acknowledge) replies.
2. Other than replying to their comments, no.
(Apr 25, 2017, 05:58 am)Sid Wrote: 1. No, it wouldn't. Just because someone is auto-registered somewhere wouldn't mean they would ever even visit there. Just as just because people post comments doesn't mean they will ever check for (or acknowledge) replies.
2. Other than replying to their comments, no.

What you say in 1. is true, of course. But doesn't having 2 sites potentially create a problem for members who wish to use the same nic on both sites?

For example, if the user nic on tpb has already been taken by someone else on the forum, how can that member maintain consistency across tpb? One doesn't necessarily join the forum at the same time. Or can 2 forum members share the same nicname/username?
Yes, there is a potential problem. But the chances of it occurring are not significant enough, and the consequences of it happening are not serious enough to warrant weighing the forum database down with millions of accounts which would never be used.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contacting the sales team at PirateBay bindaasbandar 0 7,677 Jul 07, 2022, 07:17 am
Last Post: bindaasbandar
  Contacting an uploader UncleCrust 3 13,728 Mar 09, 2021, 21:02 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  contacting seeder laser1 5 13,892 Sep 12, 2019, 08:48 am
Last Post: Spud17