Cinavia confusion....
So I've searched and searched and I'm still confused. I get what it is. But I'm having no luck trying to find a work around.

Firstly, I have a newish Philips blu ray player. I've played several backed up movies in both mkv and mp4 that worked fine. Today, however, I've run into a couple movies that gave me the dreaded message 3. Couple questions...

1) is there a way to hack the player?
2) can the files be run through some kind of software that will allow play on my philips?
3) can the files be converted? As in, if "elysium.mkv" won't play on my player, is "elysium.avi" also likely to not play?
No, no and no.

You need an old blu-ray player, predating cinavia, or you can play the vids on a computer using a software media player.
if your goal is playing cinavia-infected backups, you're better off with something like this:

[Image: uCRwIrr.jpg]

it'll play your backups from a usb stick, it's very light and very small.
Maybe we should create a tutorial about Cinavia that shows what software or hardware that uses this protection, and steps to get it to work (buying a hardware player or connect the TV as an extra monitor through HDMI)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confusion on replacing DLL files dachicklett 6 27,479 Jun 07, 2017, 07:04 am
Last Post: Ruler_Of_Hell
  ‘Unbeatable’ Cinavia Anti-Piracy Technology Cracked by DVD-Ranger Ernesto 4 17,530 Dec 21, 2015, 21:51 pm
Last Post: TheEmpathicEar