"Bencoding" error
I'm trying to download some torrents from TPB via the Tor browser and the current version of uTorrent but every torrent I grab gets refused by uTorrent with the message "Unable to load <torrent name> torrent is not valid bencoding!" (I'm assuming this message SHOULD say "encoding error" but I'm just quoting what it actually says in the error message.)

This problem just began today and I'm not sure where the problem lies: in TPB, the torrent itself or uTorrent. Can anyone enlighten me on how to resolve this?
Yes I have also experienced this error but some time ago.  I'm sorry as it was a while ago I've forgotten exactly what you do about it.  I'm sorry if I get this a bit mixed up, as far as I remember the error you need to google it exactly and you will find a solution.  It is something to do with the torrent file so you need to open it up before you try and add it.  There is this program like an editor program and you need to change something inside the torrent file.  Something along the lines of a value from true to false if you get me?

You just simply edit it by changing the value and then save it and then it should add and work then.

I do a lot of things all the time so my memory I forget things and it was quite a while since it happened with me.  Without actually looking the problem up myself I know there is a thread like somewhere on uTorrent forum where you can read about how to correct the issue it is very simple really.

Just a simple value that you need to alter and it will work.  Best of luck  Smile
Can't be a TPB problem as nothing is downloaded from TPB.
In case anyone's wondering, the problem seems to have resolved itself.

Just before trying to go down the road RodneyYouPlonker suggested, I tried my normal procedure again, just as I did earlier today, and this time it worked just like it always does. I hadn't done anything yet, aside from reading Rodney's suggestion, so it apparently went away on its own.

Thanks anyway, Rodney, and sorry to put it in the wrong forum initially, Moe.
No worries. Happy to hear it is working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ae cracked plugins error ΛПƬIᄃ DΛПK 1 3,365 Jun 01, 2023, 08:32 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Getting error on all downloads Robert4578 2 5,945 Nov 22, 2022, 21:35 pm
Last Post: Robert4578
  Error when clicking on magnet margaretm 7 13,979 Jun 06, 2020, 15:39 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Fl Studio 20 Producer Edition Mac by Distrail Save Error Spit33 6 21,414 May 02, 2020, 18:17 pm
Last Post: najibalche
  "proxy connect error" from uTorrent coyote 1 11,655 Jan 02, 2020, 19:40 pm
Last Post: Moe