Anyone here seen more T.V shows then me?
(Dec 08, 2013, 16:38 pm)ConsiderPhlebas Wrote: Getting a harsh treatment, heh... Tongue

Yes, apart from about a thousand different animes completed or ongoing, quite a few "normal" shows as well. And there are folks out there with a lot more under the belt than that... (sane or not)

But more interesting, what are all the (2014)s for? Assuming "Attack on the titans" means Shingeki no Kyojin, in English more often known as "Attack on Titan", it ended this September?

Haha yeah these guys are funny. What animes would you recommend to an anime noob? I've only seen Shingeki and Death note.

By 2014 I mean the next date it airs, since its currently unknown I presumed its airing in 2014.
Quote:Watched:

1) Misfits (Watching now)
2) South park (Watching now)
3) The vampire diaries (Watching now)
4) Oz (Ended)
5) Suits (January/2014)
6) Teen wolf (January/2014)
7) Dexter (Ended)
8) The walking dead (2014)
9) Prison break (Ended)
10) Game of thrones (2014)
11) Awkward (Watching now)
12) The hard times of R.J Berger (Ended)
13) Breaking bad (Ended)
14) The Inbetweeners (U.S version) (Ended)
15) Elementary (Watching now)
16) Arrow (Watching now)
17) Death Note (Ended)
18) The following (2014)
19) Vikings (2014)
20) Attack on the titans (2014)
21) Vice (2013)
22) Alpha’s (Ended)
23) Sleepy hollow (Watching now)
24) The originals (Watching now)
25) The tomorrow people (Watching now)
26) Under the dome (2014)
27) Almost human (Watching now)

I'm pretty sure I saw more TV than that before my 8th birthday.
(Dec 08, 2013, 21:47 pm)xtremeguy Wrote: What animes would you recommend to an anime noob? I've only seen Shingeki and Death note.

By 2014 I mean the next date it airs, since its currently unknown I presumed its airing in 2014.
Bellow are couple of anime worth watching if you still new to japan animation series.
Cowboy Beebop
Samurai Champloo
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls
Great Teacher Onizuka
Code Geass
Rurouni Kenshin
Monster
Hellsing Ultimate
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles

For Non Action anime :
Clannad
Usagi Drop
Cross Game
H2
School Rumble

For any other recommendation, you can see here :
http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=&limit=0
(Dec 08, 2013, 21:47 pm)xtremeguy Wrote: What animes would you recommend to an anime noob?

dovah made a lot of good recommendations, in particular Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Usagi Drop. Hellsing is bloody as hell, but very well made. Kenshin rules too. I love Senjou no Valkyria due to Kuwashima Houko's voice acting Wink

If you like realistic Sci Fi, check out Planetes. Sword of the Stranger is a nice action film. Baccano! is cool. Claymore is good, although they left the manga story too early... I'm very fond of Shakugan no Shana as well, especially S1.

Then some that will not be recommended by the Shounen crowd: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Skip Beat!, Azumanga Daiou, Eve no Jikan...

Finally, all films by Studio Ghibli, in particular Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Wisper of the Heart, and almost 20 more...
Definitely, was in russia for 6 years and had nothing to do...
over six years all i did was watch series n movies wen i wasnt studyin or worklin !
There's no merit in watching good shows, the point is to watch really bad ones till last season.

I don't watch TV per se, I download them or stream them.

Mostly Hong Kong TVB, now more so with the Olympics. I just like my stuff with Cantonese audio. However, not so with stuff like Britcoms, Star Trek, and anything that was originally in English.
I have been watching TV every single day for the past 41 years. I am sure that I have watched much more than 27 shows.

1. Sesame Street
2. Zoom
3. The Electric Company
4. Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
5. Villa Allegre
6. Diff'rent Strokes
7. What's Happening
8. Happy Days
9. M*A*S*H
10. The Greatest American Hero
11. Scooby Doo
12. Bugs Bunny
13. Woody Woodpecker
14. Gilligan's Island
15. I Dream of Jeannie
16. Solid Gold
17. The Brady Bunch
18. Barney Miller
19. The Facts of Life
20. Silver Spoons
21. Welcome Back, Kotter
22. Family Feud
23. Road Runner
24. The Addams Family
25. The Beverley Hillbillies
26. The Incredible Hulk
27. The Carol Burnett Show

…and that's just a tiny sampling of what I watched before I was 13.
does pokemon and beyblade count?? Tongue
if it does then i watched a lot in my childhood Tongue xD
Ditto, I've watched WAY more than 27 shows. Had to take a break when I had no TV, then FINALLY found my way to TPB & had to catch up on over a year's TV I hadn't seen, then all the shows we DON'T get in Canada came to light & so I had to watch those.

THANK GAWD for TPB. I didn't realize how many quality shows I was missing that weren't on ABC/CBS/NBC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your favorite TV shows? mehr672 92 238,283 Mar 18, 2024, 18:45 pm
Last Post: cecilqdx
  Can anyone recommend some french shows? Ladyanne3 1 8,385 Jul 26, 2022, 00:49 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Leawo for Importing TV Shows Anoid 2 14,965 Jul 30, 2021, 11:54 am
Last Post: Anoid
  Were there any 1950s superhero TV shows? soulcity 5 20,479 Jun 17, 2021, 22:18 pm
Last Post: Grilvl
  Don't like survival shows ciaobellaxo 5 20,232 Dec 03, 2020, 02:31 am
Last Post: ciaobellaxo