Anyone else having trouble with Armstrong ISP and Google products?
Starting around Sep. 28, 2021, I haven't been able download updates from Google Play, and every YouTube downloader I try fails to download videos (getting connection timeouts). I've tried JDownloader 2 and Clipgrab, and they both fail to download the videos (doesn't matter what video I choose), even though JD2 can download the "maxresdefault.jpg" and txt description perfectly fine. Youtube-dl gives me a video link, but trying to use it via my browser results in a timeout error, even though I'm able to watch the videos perfectly fine on the "Youtube.com/watch?video=" links. So far, I'm not having any trouble downloading torrents. Anyone else having this issue, or know of a workaround that doesn't involve changing to a different ISP? I don't have that many to choose from where I live.
You can try with VPN to eliminate ISP meddling, though I don't know why ISP would care about Youtube videos.

Try a different computer on same network.

Try one computer connected to ISP modem without router.
I tried on my Windows laptop (couldn't download any YT videos), then Mom's phone (Play Store couldn't update Android apps), then Mom's tablet (same problem as her phone). Not sure what's causing it, but I even called Armstrong, and they couldn't ID the problem, but they said it had to be somewhere between their network and Google. I'm wondering if they got hacked or DDoSed, but didn't disclose the fact yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone with a megaupload account help me? Ladyanne3 0 605 Feb 17, 2024, 16:51 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Anyone know how to create a .onion site? Ladyanne3 1 1,924 Dec 16, 2023, 08:55 am
Last Post: LZA
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,263 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  Anyone have any experience installing a xenforo forum? Ladyanne3 1 4,421 Jun 30, 2023, 03:50 am
Last Post: snx
  Anyone watching Wrestlemania tonight and tomorrow night? RobertX 6 6,622 Apr 16, 2023, 23:46 pm
Last Post: RobertX