Any regular 'Zone' users here?
There's been an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with how the Zone has been run for some time.  It mostly centers around how points are distributed and the requests forum.  Requests are being filled but never publicly posted.  They are, however, appearing in the sleazy paysites immediately after being filled.  Also, numerous assholes create multiple accounts, harvest points and transfer them to one account, then use these points to make requests and/or harvest items posted. 
Hunter does nothing to stop this regardless of how often we complain about it.  It's been suggested that he/her/it is the one running some paysite and benefiting off of our goodwill and altruism in posting items freely.
I am wondering if there's any interest in torrenting again?  We had a great go on KAT for many years and many of the main players in the Zone came from KAT.  The idea would be to continue using Mega and Bunkr to distribute the actual files but distribute JUST THE LINKS via torrents.  This would offload the bandwidth and make torrenting much more palatable to most folks.
126 views and no replies, until this one. Looks like Zone users are hiding behind a veil of indifference. I used to do a fair bit of torrenting back in the old Demonoid days, I'd prefer not to go back to that method.
(Jun 13, 2023, 13:56 pm)LittleEvie Wrote: 126 views and no replies, until this one. Looks like Zone users are hiding behind a veil of indifference. I used to do a fair bit of torrenting back in the old Demonoid days, I'd prefer not to go back to that method.
Ya....I've been watching this too and it's sad.  I know that the vast majority of the Zone's members (+20,000 at last count) don't give a shit and will go wherever the free content is.
I was thinking that only distributing the file host links would make it easy and quick, which it would, but most folks are happy with how things are working, or mostly don't care as long as they get free stuff.
Oh well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Import "not regular buyed" Content? Freaker81 3 33,688 Jul 04, 2019, 17:29 pm
Last Post: CCCC
  Any resources for icons/assets sort of like creativemarket Acoria 0 17,668 Aug 15, 2018, 01:35 am
Last Post: Acoria
  Any other great forums for discussion and questions? Gustavs14 3 19,349 Apr 23, 2017, 08:51 am
Last Post: akizz
  Any Apartment item torrents? Gustavs14 2 18,630 Apr 06, 2017, 14:18 pm
Last Post: Gustavs14