Am I 'Normal?'
Nowadays, everything in our lives is high-definition. This is the evolution. Companies try to make screens with more pixels, film production companies do the same, companies which create photography equipment do the same etc. We are used to high definition and great resolution at everything. So it is normal, these days, to prefer the HD release. If I were you, I would just watch the pre-release once and wait for the HD release to watch the movie again. If it is a good movie, there is no problem at watching it twice. You would anyway watch it more than one time, I assume... Tongue
But if the HD release shows the same thing as the pre-release, why not just evaluate the movie at its best and judge it then and there?
(May 30, 2015, 23:05 pm)RobertX Wrote: But if the HD release shows the same thing as the pre-release, why not just evaluate the movie at its best and judge it then and there?

Well, this depends on the individual's circumstances and also on many other different factors.

(The examples below are completely based on my opinion)
For example, if I were looking forward to watching the movie for a looooong time, I would watch the pre-release to see what happens in the movie and then I would wait for the HD-release to watch it again and enjoy it more.

Some other factors are:
--> How good/bad is the quality/resolution/analysis in the pre-release?
--> Do you find that quality annoying or tiring?
--> Would the pre-release change your mind and make you feel unwilling to watch it again on the HD-release because you didnt like the movie in the pre-release?
--> Can you wait for the HD-release to come out or do you really want to watch that movie?

If you answer the above factors for every time you are about to watch a pre-release but you are not sure, I believe that your answers would help you conclude on what you will do.
OP question was not about the quality of the pre-release, but about not having the oportunity of paying for the release, becuase you've already seen it.
The degree of compulsiveness is not defined by the quality of the pre-release, but by your exposition to marketing.
When the first shitty CAM torrent of the new star wars movie will be available, it'll be the most downloaded by far.
Oh okay... I didnt realise it Wink
connor, sorry to contradict you and confuse the matter in the process, what I was trying to ask PTroll was if you can watch the HD release the movie in its final product (i.e. high definition) after its release date.

I guess what PTroll was trying to say is that it doesn't matter, it's like apples and pears.

In that case, why not just watch the video in its best? I would rephrase this in why not just watch the video when it's release in its final form instead of getting a pre-release and show impatience, while the MAFIAA are picking the lowest-hanging fruit in the process?

Sometimes I'm like that too. I think I should understand that people get things when they can and because they can. Is that a correct assessment?
The pirate bay is not a Hollywood by-product. It seems reading your posts that the purpose of file sharing is just to release tha same shit in multiple forms: pre-relase, hd release, avi, redux, etc, etc. So people can consume even more compulsively.
If that were the case, pirate bay would have no purpose at all.