AI activation
Hello, Newby to this so please don't laugh.

Downloaded Illustrator CS6. replaced the 32 and 64bit dll files.
What next? I assumed there would be serial numbers somewhere and a way to activate the software.

Like I said, first time. Sorry
(Dec 13, 2013, 15:32 pm)fixedops68 Wrote: Hello, Newby to this so please don't laugh.

What next? I assumed there would be serial numbers somewhere and a way to activate the software.

There's no serial numbers involved as you used the "Frozen Trial" method of install (Patching the amtlib.dll files).

If you did the install process correctly (disabling Network Adapters, patching hosts file, patching amtlib's) then your good to go.
(Dec 13, 2013, 15:42 pm)-nelly- Wrote:
(Dec 13, 2013, 15:32 pm)fixedops68 Wrote: Hello, Newby to this so please don't laugh.

There's no serial numbers involved as you used the "Frozen Trial" method of install (Patching the amtlib.dll files).

If you did the install process correctly (disabling Network Adapters, patching hosts file, patching amtlib's) then your good to go.

I'm pretty sure I did the amtlib patching ok. Just dragged and dropped and when asked if I wanted to replace I said yes. What is or how do I do the hosts file?
Also, on installation I did not disable network. The only instructions I had just told me how to replace the amtlib files.
1. Download Adobe Tool from the link at the bottom of this post.
2. Disable your Network Adapters:

Start/Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center/Change Adapter Settings

3. Disable the Network Adapters by right clicking on each icon and selecting "Disable"
4. Use Adobe Tool to patch your hosts file.
5. Open all applications that came with Illustrator CS^, one at a time to activate/continue trial.
6. Use Adobe Tool to check/patch all installed Adobe applications.
7. Re-boot. Re-enable your Network Adapters.

JOB DONE!!!

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9153395/Adobe_Tool_3.7
OK. I already downloaded the tool. I dont know how to "patch hosts"

By the way - should I get rid of the Creative Cloud that I downloaded previously?
If you intend updating at a later date, then hold onto the CC.

[Image: xddV54b.jpg]

[Image: XME3V5H.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HWID Activation to activate Windows 10/11 theSEMAR 4 5,589 Sep 04, 2023, 05:39 am
Last Post: RobertX
  KMS Activation RobertX 6 9,057 Sep 03, 2022, 00:39 am
  Activation Time Renewed by a KMS_VL_ALL Activation Script RobertX 7 17,853 Dec 19, 2021, 01:57 am
  MS Office 2019 activation help Clym 8 24,355 Nov 25, 2021, 05:08 am
Last Post: bitbull06
  Toon Boom Storyboard Pro activation not working (by Distrail for MacOs) zilverulquiorra 1 12,562 Jul 26, 2020, 05:52 am
Last Post: shiva