A Cinavia question
A couple of years ago when streaming torrents to my PS3, I started to encounter the Cinavia error.

I then switched to the WDTV streamer since it did not support Cinavia detection.

Recently in the last 5 months I have switched to streaming via Plex on my PS4 and have not experienced a single Cinavia error and I don't understand why.

I guess it could be 2 things

1) The rippers and encoders are removing what can trigger Cinavia before they post the torrent

2) the PS4 does not detect Cinavia when streaming (which is odd since the PS3 did).

Any ideas? I am not complaining but I just want to understand why because if it is number 2, that could easily be corrected in a PS4 sw update and then I would be back at square 1 again.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
maybe the source was not cinavia protected or the audio was from a different source?
(Feb 26, 2016, 23:49 pm)stormium Wrote: maybe the source was not cinavia protected or the audio was from a different source?

I understand for any one torrent that could be the answer but I have watched probably over a hundred different torrents and none have shown Cinavia on the PS4 which is what caused my question.

Many if not most of these torrents were considered blu ray rips, which used to have the cinavia protection in tact when ripped.  That is what made me wonder if the people who were ripping them were specifically doing so to get around Cinavia or if it was just the PS4 in particular that was not detecting the Cinavia.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  torrent compression/archive question the_munitor 6 2,181 Nov 22, 2023, 02:46 am
Last Post: the_munitor
  Question about how Virtualbox runs Windows games RobertX 15 44,323 Sep 10, 2021, 09:47 am
Last Post: ill88eagle
  VPN help question Talelorm 7 15,682 Jun 19, 2021, 14:38 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Silly question. azgalor_pit 15 33,039 May 22, 2021, 15:43 pm
Last Post: waregim
  FELLO PIRATES IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOU BITCOIN iammikelarry 2 18,527 Apr 28, 2021, 09:25 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker