8pm EST Monday YouTube Livestream: Joel + tour cast + a short and Hobgoblins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugO9coWrw0

#MakeMoreMST3K: Livestream #1
Scheduled for Apr 26, 2021
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000
166K subscribers

Join Joel Hodgson as he introduces you to the newest members of the MST3K Cast: Emily Marsh, Conor McGiffin, Nate Begle, and Yvonne Freese!

Submit your questions, then stick around for our first #MakeMoreMST3K watch-a-long, as we screen one of Emily’s favorite classic episodes! Join us on the MST3K Facebook and Twitch channels, or right here on YouTube at 5pm PT / 8pm ET.

PLEDGE NOW: http://wwww.MakeMoreMST3K.com!

Update1: they're screening the short "Behind The Scenes At The Supermarket"

Update2: now they're screening "Hobgoblins", a first for Joel! We hear the normal episode plus Joel and the new crew adding in.

Update3 - it's a lot of fun watching a classic MKB with Joel and the tour-cast reacting, commenting, joking, adding in, etc along the way.

Update4 - On Friday 4/30 they're going to do another riff-a-long livestream with Quest of the Delta Knights featuring Mary Jo!
Great! More people to ruin the legacy of MST3K.
(Apr 26, 2021, 19:54 pm)airenman Wrote: Great! More people to ruin the legacy of MST3K.

Geez. I don't see what your guys' deal is. They are doing a great job big time!
this is a lot of fun. thanks for posting, i wouldn't have caught it otherwise.

really heartwarming to hear Joel compliment Mike and Bill
@JusSonic "They are doing a great job big time!"

amen my friend! i think the new-cast(s11+s12) is excellent and the tour-cast, which i've only seen on the moon zero two and this new riff a long, are really good too. more and more talented folks making bad movies fun and funny.

@supersonic "really heartwarming to hear Joel compliment Mike and Bill"

right on, i was thinking this too! it is so meta and just nice to hear when joel is cracking up at mike lines and complimenting bill's crow.

joel hadn't seen hobgoblins plus he said he hasn't seen quest of the delta knights either so we get to see joel's first viewing reactions which is a blast.

the whole tour-cast has a great chemistry and i look forward to s13+ that will mix in emily plus maybe some other tour-cast with the new-cast from s11+s12.

i'm crossing my fingers that mary jo appearing on the next livestream might mean she'll be involved with s13+!
I watched some. I'm just not getting it. MST3K now seems like a generic, unending 'franchise' where people can just be slotted in and out at any time. the ensemble that breathed life into the show and its lore it is completely gone and it's just not the same. rather than "the right people will get this", as Joel used to say, it now seems like a series of low-effort lines meant to appeal to the widest possible base audience. it's like my favorite secret lil burger place got turned into a mcdonalds; why keep going, what's the appeal?

I'm glad you all are excited though. I'm glad you're going to enjoy this new stuff. seems like it's just one of those 'divisive fandom things'. from one perspective, more "MST3K" is always a good thing. from another, nu-MST3K isn't doing enough to appeal to the original fans.
Thanks for the link, bsg4you.
"I want more MST3K!
...no, not like that!"
--What I hear anytime someone gripes about the new stuff.

It's never going to be the same as what it was 30 years ago. But as long as there are bad movies, there needs to be MST3K.
(Apr 27, 2021, 10:28 am)cdmjr720 Wrote: "I want more MST3K!
...no, not like that!"
--What I hear anytime someone gripes about the new stuff.

It's never going to be the same as what it was 30 years ago.  But as long as there are bad movies, there needs to be MST3K.

good post, i agree. admittedly, it's a bit odd to see them just commenting on the movie over the original jokes and that that's being "marketed" as some kind of "thing", but mst3k was something special because of the specific group of writers, we're never gonna have that again. i do believe that after-original-mst3k the whole movie-riffing thing is something just waiting to be tapped right (i know there are copyright issues but if rifftrax was really serious about expanding their fanbase they'd stop riffing things like Roller Gator or Talking Cat and instead concentrate on blockbusters, all you have to do is look at the audiences of the live shows to see that it's really one specific type of person who gets their business), but i feel we should be encouraging of them as they try to hit that mark. also, not to be a downer or anything, but the original cast is old now! we should do our best as fans to nurture and cherish their output while there is still output to be had! i personally am not a fan of any of the efforts beyond original mst3k, rifftrax, and cinematic titanic, but i'm certainly not going to discourage them from continuing to try
Well... Darn! Call me a fish 'cause I'm floppin' now. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the news of a new return (I was super disappointed with "The Return," but after watching this I'm beginning to get excited. To put it simply, this new cast just seems fun in ways the season 11 cast didn't. I want to hang out and watch bad movies with these guys. That's what the season 11 & 12 shows were missing in a nutshell. They really won me over while watching them watch Hobgoblins. I enjoyed virtually hanging out with them - enough so that I'm gonna send a few bucks the way of the kickstarter. Let's hope for the best!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 166 189,707 Mar 20, 2024, 16:37 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  RiffTrax Short: Everyday Courtesy TV23 2 2,127 Dec 08, 2023, 20:22 pm
Last Post: Lorem Ipsum
  MST3K Not On Youtube AI Sharpton 6 3,088 Dec 06, 2023, 00:27 am
Last Post: I Want To Go Faster
  Gumby-Bakers Tour + Gumby Concerto-Handy AIUpscale (1st pass tests) Handy 1 2,217 Nov 08, 2023, 17:33 pm
Last Post: Handy
  (REQ) Short: Don't Be Afraid KinoQueen13 4 3,240 Oct 30, 2023, 19:41 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie