20gb Intel leak
The twitter account that leaked it has since been suspended but they said there would be more leaks. Anyone know where they might be?
I can typically understand piracy and why you would want to be a pirate, but would you want to awaken a sleeping giant?
(Aug 09, 2020, 19:04 pm)hyp Wrote: The twitter account that leaked it has since been suspended but they said there would be more leaks. Anyone know where they might be?

I found this on 4chan's /g/ board - if more leaks surface, I'm sure you'll be able to find them there
ill88eagle, which kinds of documentation would you think can be easily done thanks to this leak?

It's a wealth of information, and I would have no end of curiousness to predict what can come out of this leak.

EDIT: Just food for thought: which processor company would you rather have their information leaked, Intel or AMD?
Obviously it's a big amount of deep technical info and internal memos, stuff only a knowing person can use. I'd say there's no "easy" on that.
So, that includes you, right?
(Aug 10, 2020, 04:38 am)ill88eagle Wrote:
(Aug 09, 2020, 19:04 pm)hyp Wrote: The twitter account that leaked it has since been suspended but they said there would be more leaks. Anyone know where they might be?

I found this on 4chan's /g/ board - if more leaks surface, I'm sure you'll be able to find them there
Thanks!
Do you guys think that this leak will harm Intel in the long run? If so, by how much?

EDIT: For those who got the yummy stuff, did you read the material?
RobertX Wrote:So, that includes you, right?

Definitely. I wouldn't make a thing out of it in a hundred years. CPU diagrams, specs, roadmaps, caches, opcodes, timings... Not to mention resource management and marketing plans.
The content of both packages is almost entirely for 'embedded', i.e. non-mainstream platforms and CPUs. These files can be obtained individually as you request them after signing a Corporate Non Disclosure Agreement. The NDA process is something they seem to strive to bring as many people into as possible, but only current or potential business partners. Just a few weeks ago I examined the post content of a specific Intel forum moderator who seemed exclusively active within their forums for embedded platforms. My interest were the download links he frequently provided. Although these links were specific to each file being requested, they direct you to sign into the Intel Research and Design Center, and inform how to complete the NDA process if your account has not been granted access yet. The part that made it quite interesting was that, although the moderator seemed knowledgeable about Intel's embedded platforms, their main, unwavering focus, was on directing people to enter into an NDA so they can access a thing. Someone posted a screenshot of the results of them having used a tool from one of the NDA packages on a Core i7 machine, and wanted to know the specific reason it would not work, and after a very short remark about the tool only supporting embedded systems, the Intel rep began drilling him for answers regarding where he had obtained the tool( he repeated the same question like 3 times as the other guy tried to deflect)

Anyway. The leak did actually contain firmware tools for two or more mainstream chipsets. Namely, Haswell (series 8) and Broadwell (series 9). On the server/workstation boards, these two share the same C612 chipset.
The firmware packages for the C600 and C620 series chipsets were the only others I noticed that would have much usefulness to the public. There was one scanned contract I did notice, signed by both Intel and the business partner, within what appeared to be a fully integrated (Linux-based) OS for a 32bit embedded platform. The documentation was written entirely in Chinese.

As I have a dual Broadwell (Xeon-E52689v4) system, I have a renewed interest in messing around with the machine which I had began treating as just another desktop, for the most part. A big, heat pumping, slow booting desktop.

P.S.: The torrents for both parts of the content are truckin' along quite nicely now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EA data leak (751GB) JC-4002 2 13,549 Aug 03, 2021, 19:59 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  About the Microsoft and Intel leaks RobertX 2 11,094 Jul 30, 2021, 03:41 am
Last Post: waregim
  (related to microsoft leak) - Should I upload this to youtube? JC-4002 2 10,760 Oct 05, 2020, 16:44 pm
Last Post: JC-4002
  HBO Targets Torrent Users Over Game of Thrones Leak Ernesto 0 9,008 Apr 19, 2015, 04:35 am
Last Post: Ernesto
  Sony Movies Leak Online After Hack Attack Ernesto 1 10,492 Dec 03, 2014, 04:00 am
Last Post: coffeessss