2010 - How to create and upload a torrent using uTorrent
(Nov 25, 2014, 23:12 pm)h903999 Wrote: After creating the *.torrent file in U-torrent, do you then turn off U-torrent?

No, you leave it running.

(Nov 25, 2014, 23:12 pm)h903999 Wrote: Or is U-torrent running the whole time when you eventually somehow point TPB to your newly created .torrent?

You point TPB to your newly created .torrent by clicking the Upload Torrent link in the TPB footer, and clicking the Choose File button on the Index a Torrent page.
I got a problem.I created torrent,followed all steps,browse,name,imbd id,tags,description,captcha..and when i hit add it just clears page and its blank,like i didnt do anything...Does somebody know why?
I just can't upload any torrent, tried lot of stuff.
My "test torrent is 11.9 Kb
Is just an .mkv clip.

Tried "Others" category too, always the same problem.

Once I put captcha and confirm, appears upload screen all fields empty.
(Nov 04, 2013, 00:07 am)Xern0n Wrote: If you have any trackers in "Torrent Properties", go ahead and delete them. TPB has its own trackers which it automatically adds, so any others are not necessary.

Are you sure about that part Xern0n, is this info still valid? I created my first torrent today(it's been several hours since), but I'm looking in utorrent and it still has no trackers, it didn't update, and the manual "update tracker" option is greyed out and I can't click it.

Furthermore it shows 0 seeders both in utorrent and on tpb, even though I am currently seeding it...

LE: It olso shows 2 peers, not sure if they are real or not, but they haven't been able to download anything for hours...
(Aug 07, 2015, 18:41 pm)VIKINGS Wrote:
(Nov 04, 2013, 00:07 am)Xern0n Wrote: If you have any trackers in "Torrent Properties", go ahead and delete them. TPB has its own trackers which it automatically adds, so any others are not necessary.

Are you sure about that part Xern0n, is this info still valid? I created my first torrent today(it's been several hours since), but I'm looking in utorrent and it still has no trackers, it didn't update, and the manual "update tracker" option is greyed out and I can't click it.

Furthermore it shows 0 seeders both in utorrent and on tpb, even though I am currently seeding it...

LE: It olso shows 2 peers, not sure if they are real or not, but they haven't been able to download anything for hours...

Yes, it is still valid.  It doesn't matter what, if any trackers you include in your torrent.  TPB will not use them, and anyone downloading from TPB will not see them.  As long as you are using a properly configured client with support for DHT, you will be able to connect to the swarm and seed.
My torrent is in limbo. Sad
It is uploaded but I deleted it from torrent list,(This was first torrent after many years I tried to upload,  and I was messing, not knowing how to do.
and now is not accessible.
I cannot even delete it.There is no red "x". please help :
Here is link https://thepiratebay.gd/torrent/12941680...out_10.avi.
I want to repeat all process of create and upload of this torrent file.

Spud17 edited Dec 09, 2015 02:40 am this post because:

Read the FAQ, then post in the appropriate forum:

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-FAQs-Fr...-Questions

I have uploaded my first torrent succesfully, but made a typo mistake on the heading.
Cannot find a way to edit the torrent info in TPB.
Do you know how to do this?
No body so far seems to have an answer for this important topic???
Sad
(Jan 08, 2016, 20:37 pm)mazinger4 Wrote: I have uploaded my first torrent succesfully, but made a typo mistake on the heading.
Cannot find a way to edit the torrent info in TPB.
Do you know how to do this?
No body so far seems to have an answer for this important topic???
Sad

Create a thread @ https://pirates-forum.org/Forum-Account-Issues
Ask to be deleted and you re-post it, or to get the header corrected.
Quote:Image
While entirely optional, an image helps out both with making it look nicer in presentation, as well as provide fellow pirates a clue as to what the cover is and therefore knowing more about what the download is. In order to add an image, you use Bayimg, TPB's cousin file host (specifically for images).

This is a well-written and illustrated introduction. But I don't see any option on the upload screen for image. The area between tag and description is blank. I'd like to upload an associated image, if possible, but has that changed since this thread was created?
(Jul 22, 2016, 11:56 am)Philidor Wrote: But I don't see any option on the upload screen for image. The area between tag and description is blank. I'd like to upload an associated image, if possible, but has that changed since this thread was created?

Unfortunately, bayimg didn't come back after the raid so the option to add a cover image is gone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 - How to create a torrent and upload it to TPB in Vuze datsn1pah 5 64,282 Nov 10, 2021, 09:39 am
Last Post: cane
  3010 - Bulk .torrent uploading using ShareX (.torrent caching sites) NokTham 5 63,117 Oct 31, 2020, 03:52 am
Last Post: Tress1991